<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10043376\x26blogName\x3dJust+Off-Camera\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1547182701581714937', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Just Off-Camera

"They respect you if you write. The dumber the world gets, the more the words matter." -Dan Jenkins


Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tag Team, Back Again

You may have noticed a frequency to my posts that wasn't there a month or two ago. This is unquestionably related to the fact that I'm in the middle of finals and therefore need to put off studying for them as much as possible.

So anyway, there are a few legal blogs that I read somewhat regularly (the number increases as they continue to link one another). One that I came across today, Law & Alcoholism, is pretty good, and as I was reading some older posts, I found one with a somewhat pointless exercise in blogging:

1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.

A pointless exercise just happens to be exactly what I need, since the word puzzles on Yahoo! Games start getting boring after a while, and people don't really post on the eLynah Forum during the midnight hours on the East Coast. So anyway, here's the results of the archive check.

"If I wasn't trying hard, the occasion fell under one of two categories."

That's from a February 2004 post on my competitiveness. Since I wrote it, I've had the good fortune to get back into competitive hockey with the UCLA team. The bubble hockey skillz have also not abandoned me. I haven't lost yet to any of my Bruins teammates (even though I've played as the team with the sideways goalie on the crappy table they have at the rink in Berkeley), and I've begun to beat my brother more often than I used to, including this ass-whooping from January:
That's me as Team USA. Booya!

Anyway, since I wasn't tagged to go through that little exercise, I'm not going to bother tagging five other people to do it. If you read this and you feel inspired, knock yourself out and go through your archives.

So anyway, back to getting ready for my Copyright Law final. While I study with the accompaniment of MP3s (noninfringing copies, of course), go ahead and entertain yourself with a few nuggets from the 'Net.

This video, made by the Calgary Flames in 1987, is awesome. It's like they saw the '85 Bears' "Super Bowl Shuffle" and thought they needed to make the hockey version. Then they realized they couldn't sing, so instead, they just lip synced the whole thing - down to the fake playing of instruments, including guitars, keyboards, and a brass section. There's some terrific hockey mullets and facial hair here. And surely, Brett Hull is thrilled that the Internet has preserved his landmark performance.

For all of you who continue to remind me that the Eagles have been, shall we say, less than competitive this season, here's a cartoon you might enjoy. I think Andy Reid actually did have that reaction when a running game was suggested to him a few weeks ago.

Here's one that never gets old: Peanut Butter Jelly Time. FYI, the people who perform the song, the Buckwheat Boyz, have another song called "Ice Cream and Cake." To my knowledge, it hasn't been turned into an Internet animation. I'm beginning to sense a theme to their songs. Perhaps I can edge into that niche with "Macaroni Cheese! Cheese and Macaroni!" or "Let's Eat Chili Dogs!" And while we're at it, here's the clip from Family Guy that spoofed the original animation.

Finally, here's a clip of Barney keepin' it gangsta. And on a more serious note, a good investigative piece from the latest Rolling Stone about Biggie's unsolved murder. It's long, but worth the read.

And, um, you are responsible for clicking on all these links. I'm not inducing you to do anything.

:

  • At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Ben Fineman said…

    Alex - I issue a challenge.

    January 7th, the one day that we'll both be in Philly for the foreseeable future. Best of seven series in bubble hockey. The loser is required to post the final tally on their blog (carrying it around in his cell phone for a year is optional - a pathetic option at that).

    Time to back up your talk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home