<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10043376\x26blogName\x3dJust+Off-Camera\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1547182701581714937', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Just Off-Camera

"They respect you if you write. The dumber the world gets, the more the words matter." -Dan Jenkins


Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious

I'm not really a huge movie guy. There aren't that many movies that I really want to make a point of seeing. So a little while back, I see that there's going to be a remake of King Kong, and I'm like, "Eh."

Then I start hearing that there's all this talk about the new Kong potentially setting all-time box office records. Really? Are you serious? For a remake? Plus, everyone's all about Peter Jackson. When did he become the balls? I know he did Lord of the Rings and won some Oscars, but I looked it up - those are the only Oscars he's ever won. His resume isn't that impressive to me. Why does everyone love him so much? Are people that much into hobbits?

Whatever. I'm probably not going to see King Kong.

Anyway, that kind of brings me to what I really want to talk about, since I don't really understand the Kong/Peter Jackson hype.

So King Kong bumped The Chronicles of Narnia from the top box office slot this weekend (even though Kong came in under expected amounts). Speaking of Narnia, you should check out this clip from this weekend's Saturday Night Live.

This is freakin' great. "But first my hunger pangs are stickin' like duct tape/Let's hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes/No doubt that bakery's got all the bomb frostings/I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling."

The whole thing works so well because even if you ignore how outlandish the lyrics are, the beat and flow are pretty solid. If SNL's coming up with stuff like this these days, I might have to start TiVoing it.

"Pass the Chronic-(what!)-cles of Narnia!"

(Obligatory thanks to BuffaloWings&Vodka, where I found this clip in the first place.)

:

Post a Comment

<< Home