<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10043376\x26blogName\x3dJust+Off-Camera\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1547182701581714937', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Just Off-Camera

"They respect you if you write. The dumber the world gets, the more the words matter." -Dan Jenkins


Saturday, December 17, 2005

Good Morning Westwood

Today is the day after finals ended for undergrads here at UCLA. For many students here, this morning was the first day in a week they had to sleep in, not to mention that there were celebratory parties all over Westwood last night, so there were plenty of hungover heads trying to get some rest. I myself stayed up until 6 a.m. to work on my Comment, so I planned to sleep at least until 2 p.m.

And what did I hear at 10:30 a.m. on this fine Saturday morning?

Yep, a guy outside my window chopping branches off a tree and then hacking them into smaller pieces with a machete. A f------ machete. Seriously.

I tried for over two hours to fall asleep to the loud "thunk, thunk, thunk, cling!" as this dude swung his machete into the wood repeatedly before he would slice all the way through and hit the concrete on the sidewalk beneath it. Over and over and over. For god's sake, it's the weekend - does this guy really need to be doing this today?

Finally I figured this would never end, so I decided to go get my camera to take a picture of this, because really, who's going to believe that there was a machete-wielding gardener directly outside my window, carving into my sleep time?

Of course, by the time I found my camera 15 minutes later, he was gone.

Motherf-----.

Looks like I'll be taking a nap later on.

:

Post a Comment

<< Home