<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10043376\x26blogName\x3dJust+Off-Camera\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://justoffcamera.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1547182701581714937', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Just Off-Camera

"They respect you if you write. The dumber the world gets, the more the words matter." -Dan Jenkins


Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Final Countdown

Law students handle the stress of finals in various ways. Some break down weeping in review sessions. Some spaz out and spend 15 hours a day in the library (incidentally, this will prepare these people well for the years after graduation). Some, like me, take the opportunity to catch up on sleep missed during the semester. And some blow off steam by writing messages on the blackboard in the main hallway.

Over the last week or so, the following messages have appeared on the board (or something like them; I'm paraphrasing here):

"Lost: My soul to law school! stressed@lawnet.edu"

"Lost: $100 (5 20's)"
In response: "Um, yeah"

"Lost: Virginity. Last seen in law library stacks"

"Lost: Hair. Black, somewhat curly"

"Good luck, 1Ls! From the 2Ls & 3Ls"
(I hate whoever wrote this. But my favorite one is...)

"C=JD"

Inspirational.

Now I'm going to go get some Chinese food instead of catching up on my Copyright Law reading. I can do that later tonight, since I took a 4 1/2-hour nap earlier this afternoon.

***

I have never seen a beatdown on a football field like the one I saw last night in the Seahawks-Eagles game. Wait a minute...yes I have...it was on Saturday in the UCLA-USC game!

Good work, guys. How can two teams I root for lose by a combined 89 points in one weekend?

At least UCLA hockey continued its winning ways against USC with a 4-3 comeback win on Thursday and an 8-3 stomping on Friday. That's four straight wins by the Bruins and six out of the last eight meetings. The only way the latest two games could have been better would have been if I actually saw more than four shifts in the two games combined. I must be doing something right if we scored on two of those four shifts...

:

Post a Comment

<< Home